Our group has worked on and litigated anti-trust and price-fixing cases that have resulted in multi-million dollar settlements. Some of the cases that we have worked on are listed below.
Don Barrett’s firm represented the State of Mississippi in its effort to recover monies lost by Mississippi consumers, and by the state itself, as a result of an alleged price-fixing conspiracy among infant formula manufacturers. Mr. Barrett also was also co-counsel for plaintiffs in state court class-actions in thirteen state court actions involving this same price-fixing conspiracy.
On March 23, 2012, Judge Marianna Battani of the Eastern District of Michigan appointed Don Barrett as co-lead counsel for the Automobile Dealer Actions in In Re: Automotive Parts Antitrust Litigation, MDL No. 2311. In this capacity we will lead the fight for over 20,000 automobile dealers in 29 states, victimized by one of the largest price-fixing conspiracies in history.
Presently, the Barrett Law Group together with other firms across the country have sued several brand name pharmaceutical manufacturers for engaging in anti-competitive conduct aimed at keeping generic drug manufacturers off the market. The suits allege that the brand name manufacturers’ fraudulent conduct effectively extended their patents causing higher prices for all entities and consumers downstream. The following is a list of some of the pharmaceutical companies whom we have filed suit against for violating the anti-trust laws:
1. Effexor XR: Click for Consolidated Class ActionComplaint
2. Lipitor: Click for Consolidated Amended Class Action Complaint
3. Nexium: Click for Professional Drug Company v. Astrazeneca et al.
4. Niaspan: Click for Professional Drug Company v. Abbot Laboratories et al.
5. Skelaxin: Click for Professional Drug Company v. King Pharmaceutical et al.
6. Wellbutrin: Click for Consolidated Class Action Complaint